About the Save Our Sons Nurses Program
The Save Our Sons Duchenne Foundation Nurses Program was developed to ensure “Best Practice” clinical care for all with Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy and to support bringing clinical trials to Australia.
To achieve this, we launched the Nurses Program in 2016 to fund a specialist neuromuscular nurse in each of the 5 major children’s hospitals across Australia.
1. Victoria – Royal Childrens Hospital, Melbourne / Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
2. New South Wales – Childrens Hospital Westmead, Sydney
3. Western Australia – Perth Childrens Hospital
4. Queensland – Lady Cilento Childrens Hospital, Brisbane
5. South Australia – Womens and Childrens Hospital
This ambitious program costs $371,000 a year and we need your support to make it sustainable into the future.